New York’s most comprehensive online database of state and local government union contracts has been updated with the latest collective bargaining agreements for local teachers, police and firefighters.
Among the 211 new local government and school district employment contracts on SeeThroughNY.net, the Empire Center’s transparency website, are 134 public school teacher contracts, 12 firefighter contracts and 65 police contracts. Also included are the contracts for New York City teachers and the state’s collective bargaining agreement with the New York State Troopers Police Benevolent Association.
Broken down by region, the contracts are distributed as follows:
- Capital Region: 47 contracts including Ballston Spa teachers and the city of Albany police and fire;
- Central New York: 36 contracts including teachers in Oneida City School District and the city of Cortland police;
- Finger Lakes: 42 contracts including Canandaigua teachers and police for Livingston, Wayne and Yates counties;
- Long Island: 56 contracts including Floral Park police;
- Mid-Hudson: 61 contracts including Westchester County police;
- Mohawk Valley: 32 contracts including the city of Johnstown police;
- North Country: 32 contracts including the St. Lawrence County sheriff supervisor and the city of Watertown teachers;
- Southern Tier: 46 contracts including the city of Ithaca teachers and the city of Elmira firefighters; and
- Western New York: 37 contracts including Amherst teachers, police and fire for the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority and Erie county sheriffs.
Nearly 8,000 current and expired public-sector union and school superintendent employment contracts are now searchable on SeeThroughNY’s contract database, the most comprehensive in the state.
The Empire Center, based in Albany, is an independent, non-partisan, not-for-profit think tank dedicated to promoting policies to make New York a better place to live, work and raise a family.
Be the first to comment