BY JOE GENCO
- Mueller winds down, and the House heats up, and our President wants peace and legislation (so do I). It appears instead we are headed for war and investigation. My burning, curiosity: Before becoming President. Was he really a billionaire? (He will be after)
- You know it’s bad in Virginia when Al Sharpton shows up to pontificate.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez passes gas and Fox News chokes on it and has to share. This morning, its because she again called for defunding Immigration and Customs Enforcement. No mention of her on CNN or MNSNBC.
- A Toronto professor researching Yiddish literature in
Ukraine,discovered a trove of lost Jewish songs from WWII filled with joy, defiance andhumor. She helped set the lyrics to music and has been nominated for a Grammy.
- The Venezuelan mess is getting worse. I hope they can still export shortstops. I wonder if we have Special Forces on the ground yet?
- Ripping far left Democrats as socialist was a 2020 campaign preview in the middle of President Trump’s State of the Union speech.
- Seven fixes for the modern capitalist economy.
- Objective analysis by The Economist concludes the Trump tax cuts will not pay for themselves.
- A helicopter chased hockey players from the Lincoln Memorial reflecting pool.
- Boyd Curiosity: Strong silent types are admirable, but in real life, people who talk the most make the most decisions, according to students of such matters.
- What? Another Buell benefit? No not really, but how about one for the Orange Crush Sign on Saturday, Feb. 23? The Newsteader tells more.
is Canceled: Desmond Abrams 20-something angst version from Buffalo Rising. The system is not a safety net but a steam roller.
- WNY Weather: Pleasant and sunny today with a high of -4 (25) and a bit of a bitter breeze. Much the same tomorrow. Seems like good day for a stroll across some frozen wooded paths perhaps across some Conservation Trail Ravines down near Holland. Troy travel was canceled by a Doug cough. Miss you buddy. Get better.
- Questions and answers about plastic waste. The problem is getting worse, not better. Most of our garbage is packaging. I use a refillable plastic water bottle daily. …
- A rare winter phenomenon has been forming on the Great Lakes, at least in Michigan’s UP and Lake Superior, blue ice. The clear, bubble and particle-free ice forms from slow freezing in calm water.
- A 41-year old Canadian woman is getting ready for a heavyweight title bout in just her 5th boxing match. It seems there aren’t that many women in the category.
- Sabres/Wings tonight. More winning, less whining.
- Dirty Harry went back to his high school for a pushup contest. He did 54 in 30 seconds.