BY JOE GENCO
A short take on today’s news —
- Sen. Kamala Harris launched a Presidential campaign.
- Trump apologist Rudy Giuliani wriggled his way out of his previous denials over the proposed Trump Tower Moscow. He now says it was never more than a very preliminary discussion.
- Our President took to Twitter to defend the kids who were depicted as harassing the Native American.
- 376 Guatemalans were arrested in Arizona after
tunnelingunder a border wall.
- An Arizona legislator proposed a law to mandate software that blocks porn from computers and phones unless users play a $20 fee which can be used to build the Trump Memorial Wall. What a stroke of genius.
- Mama’s Little Bat Boy is back in jail. May Mike Hudson rest in peace.
- Rethinking carbs. Whole grains and moderation are the
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Page 1 of Fox’s Website. This time, she was warning about the dire need to immediately address climate change.
- This blog does a great job of illuminating the privileged bigotry of Covington Catholic High School.
- Visited KO Bar and Grill to hear Grace Lougen and Grace Stumberg play one more time before taking off on tour with Joan Baez again. What wonderfully talented musicians.
- KO had a great sign on the wall, something more bars should share: A record of when the
taplineswere last cleaned and when they next will be.
- WNY Weather: Frigid this morning, 0 (32) as I write this. Warming up to -2 later. No interesting weather on the way.
- Did some calculating yesterday, Since I started Short Take on March 22, 2015, I have published 96 out of every 100 days. Not a bad track record.
- Boyd Curiosity: How does a blind man build and fix TVs and stereos? I don’t know either but Ray Charles did.
- Sometimes players follow coaches. Who is available and connected to new Bills’ offensive line coach Bobby Johnson?
- Tony Romo’s commentary Sunday was a clinic.